Levi's Preschool put on a Christmas program and his class had three songs to sing. Moe, Pop, Papa, Philip, Joel and I all came to watch Levi perform. He loves to sing, and we were expecting him to sing the songs at the least and were hoping he would ham it up like he does at home or in places where he feels comfortable. Well, it started of well. He walked in with a very serious expression and his hands clasped behind his back. He looked pretty darn cute in his Christmas sweater all ready to perform. He got to his spot near center stage and had a very nervous look on his face as he stood there like a little statue.
As soon as they started singing he just started sobbing! Poor little guy. Philip and I got his attention and smiled at him, gave him a thumbs up and tried to help him relax, but the tears just kept flowing :( So, I went up there and let him sit on my lap. Unfortunately this didn't really help much either. He stopped sobbing, but just sat there sniffiling and didn't sing a word. After the song was over I just took him to our seats (I didn't want all the other parents' views blocked and he was obviously not going to snap out of it!).
After the show was over we went to have cookies and punch and Levi ran around the family life center where the party was like his normal wild self. I guess he has a touch of stage fright just like his Momma and Daddy!
2 comments:
Oh no! I know that may have been stressful, but will be a funny story for years to come! :)
He sure looked cute! I think that's common. At Grandparents Day at Caden's preschool he got up there to sing songs with his class and saw us and my dad and darted off the stage and sat with us the rest of the time. At least you got some pictures of it. So sweet!
Post a Comment