These past few days have been some of the hardest of my life, and I have pretty much been keeping to myself spending time with my little family, and talking to a few friends by text only. I've just found that talking can get me to crying and I'm so so tired of crying. But, Levi's birthday party was planned and scheduled for Saturday morning. I was determined to keep Levi's party a happy event focused on him and celebrating one of my most favorite days ever, the day I became a mom and met my sweet boy. It turned out to be a wonderful morning (thanks in large part to a lot of help from my family) and it was a very welcome, happy distraction from my grief.
Levi had some very specific requests for his birthday party this year. Thankfully all these requests added up to a very easy, laid back party. Everyone there had a great time; I think Levi is quite the party planner :) All he wanted was to eat lunch and ride bikes and scooters with his friends. He wanted to have a race and a "obstacle course" for activities, hot dogs, lemonade, chips and watermelon for lunch and ice cream cones (NO CAKE!) for dessert. He wanted to give his friends candy, parachute men and necklaces (so the girls and boys would both have something they liked). Balloons and party horns were a must for decorations AND there needed to be enough for each of his friends to take one home. My sister Kate made the lemonade and took some great pictures for me, Philip did the grilling and hung the birthday banner, my Dad cut up the watermelon, my Mom and Kate did the decorating and all I did was assemble the party favor bags and "obstacle course" (with some help from my Mom). On top of all that we had the party at the church in the kitchen and gym area, so there was little set up needed, and I didn't have to worry about getting my house ready! Perfect :)
.jpg) |
| Ready to party! |
.jpg) |
| Levi's gifts for his buddies |
.jpg) |
| Nora and Levi zoomed around like wild! |
.jpg) |
| Uncle Colton was so sweet to Joel and helped him with his bike for at least 30 minutes! Joel was in heaven! |
.jpg) |
| Getting ready for the obstacle course |
.jpg) |
| they weaved between cones, threw a football into a basket... |
.jpg) |
| and then kicked a ball across the gym. |
.jpg) |
| Moe helping Rooni compete :) |
.jpg) |
| Levi wanted everyone to get a medal |
.jpg) |
| sweet friends enjoying lunch |
.jpg) |
| Ready...Set... |
.jpg) |
| GO!!! |
.jpg) |
| Big 4 year old racing and LOVING it :) |
.jpg) |
| Levi got some great gifts! |
.jpg) |
| He LOVED getting sung to... |
.jpg) |
| and blowing out the candle! |
.jpg) |
| blue cone + chocolate ice cream = |
.jpg) |
| pure joy! |
.jpg) |
| goofy birthday boy :) |
I am more aware today than before of what a blessing it is to have this precious little boy in our lives! Thank you so much to everyone who came to Levi's party, helped with the set up, clean up and child wrangling. It was a special morning and Levi had an absolute blast (and I think all his friends did too)! A great bright spot in my week, and a perfect way to celebrate my little Levi love :)
3 comments:
Those are great pictures! It was a great party!
It was a really great party! Levi loved it, and I am glad that it was a happy distraction for you and Philip. So glad I could be there to be a part of Levi's special day!
What a fun party! I wish we would have been in town. Happy birthday Levi!
Post a Comment