Even though Philip has always been sweet to me on V-day, I love Valentine's Day so much more with kids than I ever did before. It was so fun to give Levi and Joel a little extra love on heart day! And I am looking forward to making some family traditions to show each other some love! Otherwise, in true Boyer fashion all the celebrating centered around food :)
We started off the day with bran-whole wheat-strawberry pancakes. Chef Levi enjoyed helping me drop in the strawberries and flip the pancakes. He also insisted on cutting them up himself...interesting and messy. Breakfast is always a hit at our house and the boys both gobbled them up!
Then we got dressed in Valentine festive red and headed out to meet my Mom and sister for lunch. Moe spoiled the boys with cute little bears and candy (for Levi) as well as a very yummy lunch at a cute spot complete with playground. Levi LOVES his family and had a blast spending the afternoon with his cousin Asher (Nora was at school), Aunt Kate and Moe. He even told a random woman at the playground that Asher is his "very best friend."
![]() |
| The gang minus Aunt Kate before our yummy lunch |
| Levi was NOT intersted in coorporating for a pic with Aunt Kate in it |
| Thanks Moe for loving on your littlest Valentines! |
We had a very long drive home, thanks to a horrible wreck on the highway, but luckily Levi and Joel both slept most of the time and got in over an hour of sleep each. Once home we made and decorated some sugar cookies. I was positive that I had a heart shaped cookie cutter (I only have like 20 cutters!) but alas I did not, so Levi chose to make flowers, stars and butterflies instead. I did, however, have some red sprinkles so they were a little Valentine festive :) And with all the tid bits of left over dough after the cutting I mashed together a big heart.
We finished the day by all going out to dinner as a family at one of Philip's favorites, BJs Brewhouse. I am very blessed to have a wonderful family and to be able to stay home with my two little loves 6 days a week. I felt the love this Valentine's Day. All and all it was a fun day with some of the people I love the most, and that's what Valentine's Day is all about right?
| my 2 little Valentines :) |
| Joel wasn't too sure about Levi's loving Valentine kiss |

No comments:
Post a Comment