Philip does such an awesome job of maintaining our yard, and every year our backyard becomes a hang out for lots of critters as well as a growing zone for many interesting plants. This year I have enjoyed our yard even more than ever before because Levi is obsessed with exploring the yard and finding all the bugs and plants he can. He gets SUPER excited when he makes a discovery, and he brings back the child in me that used to (and admittedly still does) love to explore the outdoors and hunt for bugs. Joel also loves to toddle all over the yard and get himself filthy. I think God knew what he was doing by giving me two messy dirt and bug loving boys (even though I would still love a daughter one day!).
I hope they always keep their love of the outdoors and can grow more and more able to see the wonder of God's creation. Levi often tells me "Momma, God made this roly poly!!!!" or "God made this mushroom, Momma, isn't that special!" It warms my heart and soul :) What an amazing and beautiful world God gave us and how wonderful to have a reminder of how special that is through my young son's words!
2 comments:
Such a sweet post, sister! I agree - God knew what He was doing when he gave you those two outdoor-loving boys! Love all the pics. And I think Joel looks A LOT like Asher in that first pic where he is grinning! Hope to see you soon. Love you!
Very sweet post. I love the first picture of Joel..he looks like a big boy : ) Also, I love how Levi likes the bugs on him. Char would FREAK out!
Post a Comment