Levi is almost three...and I'm scared :) I have heard from so many moms that 3 is harder than 2 and I am starting to believe them. He is more defiant, more obstinate, and more emotional than ever before. He exhausts me. However, he is also so funny, sweet and smart that I have moments of joy with him every day too. His creativity is taking off and he tells the most hilarious stories and makes up the silliest games and has the funniest ideas of things to pretend.
I have been noticing lately that he is needing a little more attention from me or he will act out in an angry or destructive way towards Joel or myself (such as throwing things, pushing Joel, flinging himself on the ground in tears etc etc). Soooo I have instated a little lovin' for Levi time most mornings during Joel's first nap of the day. We have been doing fun, easy things for about an hour each day while Joel takes his little snooze. It is usually something as simple as going outside to play t-ball or catch, walking along side as he rides his bike in the street (what a treat!), painting, coloring, pretending with his dinosaurs/cars, or playing with play-dough. Usually this makes the rest of the day go much better. I wish I would have thought of this sooner!
A couple of days ago we made "balloons" with that weird soft plastic stuff you can buy at the grocery store or dollar store. You may remember the stuff from the 80s; I do. It squeezes out of a little tube and you roll it into a ball, squish it onto a tiny straw and blow bubble with it. Levi had a blast and I got some cute pictures of him enjoying his balloons. And yes, he is still in his jammies...gotta love relaxing spring days :)
2 comments:
You are such a good mommy :)
Love you. And love Levi!
three was harder for me, but in a different way. There is this transition between baby and kid that starts. Its like they want you to know they have their own little brain and it has thoughts too. I remember when Faith was just three and i caught myself telling her how to act/behave/etc, instead of taking that moment (or several) to listen first, and let her be heard. Of course now, as she is almost 5 she does a lot of talking about a lot of things, but I still have to make sure i find the time to listen and make her feel heard so she knows her voice is just as important as ever.
You will be just fine! You are a wonderful mom, caring and compassionate and you will take each challenge as it comes with grace and gratitude as always. =)
Post a Comment