Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School!

Levi started Pre-K this week! I can't believe that in just one short year he will likely be starting kindergarten! I'm already getting a little emotional about it! Since his birthday is July 23rd there is a chance we will decide he needs to wait until he is 6 to start school, but so far he seems to be on pace to be ready to go next year.


We love his school and his new teachers seem fabulous, so the first week back to school has been pretty smooth for both Levi and I. Joel, on the other hand, is really missing his big brother and has been asking several times a day, "can we go get Levi?" I'm loving a little one on one time with my sweet Joel, and I'm sure he will adjust to having only boring old mom to play with in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to see what all my Big 4 year old will learn!

Levi didn't have much to say about school this week other than he got to color with markers (something we never do at home) and play with sand. He also mentioned he likes his teachers and was, "a little distracted by all the new kids" in his class...ha! Levi was all smiles at drop off and pick up all three days, hopefully that will continue in the coming weeks. There are 20 kids in the blue room (the 4 year old class) and they have two teachers. They have part of the day in large group as well as part of the day split into two groups of ten, his small group is called the tigers, which is very exciting for Levi. Tigers happen to be one of his many "favorite" animals.



We are praying for a good year with lots of growth in knowledge, faith in Christ, and social skills. As Levi often reminds me, he's a BIG boy now!

5 comments:

Amanda and Brian said...

So cute! He is looking so big!

Ali Schmid said...

He is such a doll!! What a good looking kid! Love all te pics - so sweet Joel and him holding hands. :)

Dustin & Kate said...

Such cute pictures of such a cute boy! I hope Levi has a wonderful year at Pre-K. It sounds like he is off to a great start!

Joel and Sara said...

I bet he will be totally ready for kindergarten! Have fun this year Levi!

Collin and Marisa said...

Love the pictures. So cute!!