Once the boys were done riding we loaded up the fishing gear and went over to one of the small lakes on the ranch. Everyone caught several fish, and the boys had a blast! Levi caught 2 bass and perch. He caught one on his first cast, so was frustrated when we cast and didn't get anything :)
Saturday afternoon it was warm enough for a swim, so we headed to the club house. Philip and I made lunch while Pop and Moe swam with the boys. I love watching my boys swim with my Dad because I have wonderful memories of swimming with my Dad as a little girl. He is just as much fun in the pool now as he was 25 years ago!
After lunch we headed back to the the bunk house for the boys to take naps. Levi and Joel had a blast sitting in Pops lap and "driving" the truck around the ranch. Although, Philip said to watch out, this could be a gateway drug to the addiction of driving...hopefully the boys we wait a long time before they are brave enough to drive a car on their own! Once the boys were tucked in for naps, Philip and I headed out for a grown up trail horseback ride while my Dad went fishing and my Mom stayed with the boys to relax and read while they slept. Thanks Mom! Philip and I had a nice time seeing the ranch from another angle and spending some time without the boys. I rode Duke who is an pretty old boy with only one eye. He was perfect for me because I used to me pretty nervous around horses (you should see some of my pictures from girl scouts...I was just slightly scared of those big animals!), so this gentle sweet boy was perfect for me. Philip rode on Beau, and this handsome fellow is strong and stubborn, another great fit!
When nap time was over we loaded up again and drove over to see the new lake being dug on the ranch. It's going to be a big beautiful lake when it's finished. After some country dirt road driving we stopped off at the club house for some more swimming. This time Pop and Moe did the cooking while Philip and I swam with the boys. It was so fun to cool off and spend some time playing with just our family of four!
After chowing down on a delicious dinner we found a little more room in our tummies for campfire s'mores. Levi and Joel LOVE s'mores, so they were super excited when we got the fire going in the fire pit and broke out the chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows!
The next morning after finishing up with the second round of pony rides we took a walk to Pop and Moe's plot of land (5 acres) and enjoyed the scenery and getting to know the property a little better. After a snack break we squeezed in one last bit of fishing. We couldn't skip feeding the horses some carrots before packing up and heading to town for some Dairy Queen (a small town TX must if you ask me!) and then hitting to road for home.
![]() |
| view of Pop & Moe's land from the lake....so pretty! |
Thanks for a great trip Pop & Moe! We look forward to many more memorable weekends at the ranch and can't wait til the house is built! What a blessing for our family to have this ability to enjoy God's creation and gifts to us!
.jpg)









2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend! You fit a lot of fun activities in! I've yet to go on a horseback ride, so I will have to try to do that one of these days. Love all the pictures!
How lovely! Can we go with you guys if we move back to Texas? If so, I will schedule my moving truck for tomorrow ; )
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of your parents with the boys roasting marshmallows. You look beautiful as always my dear friend.
Post a Comment