Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bunk Beds!

We were recently given Philip's old bunk beds, and have been planning on putting them up in the boys' room. Philip slept on the top bunk from about age 5 to 14 and added quite a few stickers in that time :). So, a few weeks ago Philip pulled them out of the attic and worked on removing all the stickers, putting new casters on the under bed drawers and new slats for under the mattresses. On Saturday he was finally able to put them together and the boys were so excited! Levi kept saying, "I love my new room! It is so much bigger!" It really does seem like a new room with more space with the crib out of there. I love that the boys are being able to use something their dad used as a little boy, and the fact that they are sturdy and solid wood is a great bonus.


It was a little sad for me to take the crib down and put it in the attic. Not only does that mean that Joel is getting so big, but it was also a reminder that we won't be putting a new little one in it for a while. Even though I don't know God's will, I do feel that He will bless us with another baby one day. We will be pulling that crib out again, so that gives me some comfort.

Joel has transitioned so smoothly to his new big bed and has been sleeping well. The first night was a little rough, with him getting up and coming to our room 4 different times, but he has stayed in his bed all night every night since! He is so proud to be a "big boy" and share a bed with his brother. Levi is thrilled to be sleeping "so high" and loves climbing in and out of bed. However, he has had two accidents trying to climb out of bed with a full bladder. Hopefully that won't continue!


Most of the boys toys used to reside in our living room, but with the added room and storage allowed by the bunk beds we now have most of their toys in their room! It's great :) They really do seem so much more grown up with the bunk beds in their room. I can't believe we have a 2 year old and 4 year old, and that we are packing away more and more of the baby things in our house. It is so true that kids grow up in the blink of the eye! Levi and Joel love sharing a room so much, I have a feeling they just may share a room until they move out...but, lets not talk about that, or I might get really emotional!!

2 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Those two are so cute and happy in their new beds! It's so neat that they were Philip's bunk beds. And it made me laugh that Philip had to "suffer the consequences" of putting stickers all over them as a kid by having to clean them off ;)
I am sure it was sad for you to put the crib up in the attic. I'm sorry that was hard on your heart. I am praying for God to grant you a healthy baby #4 in his perfect timing! Love you!

Collin and Marisa said...

The room looks great! Caden's wanted a bunk bed but knowing him he'd have way too much fun jumping from the top to the floor. Ha! Instead we got him a full. Looks like it's a perfect fit for your boys and so neat that it used to be Philip's.

I'm praying God will blessed you with more children as well. Love you!