Wednesday night Philip and I were able to go to the Mumford & Sons concert! The show was originally scheduled three months ago, but the bassist, Ted suffered a blood clot on his brain and had to have emergency surgery postponing the concert. Thankfully he had a quick and complete recovery. It was well worth the wait! The show was wonderful and we had a blast! We don't get to go to concerts very often anymore, but it was something we loved doing while we were dating and early married. Our friends Lorrie and Aaron went with us and my sister Kate, brother in law Dustin, brother Seth and soon to be sister in law Morgan were all there as well. We all enjoyed the music so much, and wished it would have been longer. Sign of a good show! This band is so talented, and all of them play multiple instruments, not to mention they all sing beautifully and can harmonize so nicely! The lighting was so pretty and went very well with the music and their style. It was often subtle. The band talked and joked with each other and the audience between songs. They invited a guest banjo player to join for one song, as well as the opener to join for another. I couldn't help but think about how much I wish I had learned to play at
least one instrument while watching the band members go from one to instrument to another...maybe
one day :). Marcus Mumford played guitar, ukelele, kick/bass drum
(often while playing guitar), and a full drum kit. Again, they are so talented!
 |
| "I Will Wait" |
 |
| "Winter Winds" |
 |
| Boyers and Dickersons |
 |
| "Ghosts That We Knew" |
 |
| "Where Are You Now?" Acoustic! |
 |
| "The Cave" |
 |
| Wishing it wasn't over...but had so much fun while it lasted! | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
One of my favorite moments from the show were when they introduced the fiddle player, Ross, who is from Texas. While they were talking about how proud Texans are of their state he held up a TX flag. I also loved when they sang two songs acoustically huddled around a single microphone. The only
draw back to the show was that, true to British culture, they had a
tendency to curse quite a bit between songs. However, I would love to
see them play again if I have the opportunity. I'd love to see/hear them
play Roll Away Your Stone and Sign No More, which they did not play at
this show. But, I enjoyed hearing them play some of my most favorite songs, and I know we will remember this special night for years to come!
1 comment:
It really was a great show! You got some really good pics! I too wish it were longer. And I also would've loved to hear Sigh No More and Roll Away Your Stone. I guess that just means we'll have to go see them again someday!
Post a Comment