Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

I know how fast the first year goes and how much Joel will change, but I still cannot believe he is already 2 weeks old! Today Joel turned 2 weeks and also had his 2 weeks check up at the doctors office. Here are his new stats :)
weight - 9 pounds 13 ounces (80%)
length - 22 inches (90%) (this confirms what I thought...he was probably a little longer than the measurement that was taken at birth...but was too wiggly to get his leg stretched out good for the nurse)
head circumference - 38.5 cm (80%)

The doctor said that Joel was absolutely perfect and handsome! Of course I already knew that :) He is doing great and continues to be a calm baby. He has started to follow our voices and turn his head when we talk. He is having more and more awake time and continues to sleep well during naps and have a couple of good 2-3 hours stretches at night too. Levi is growing more and more attached to his little brother and calls him "my Joel" and randomly states "Joel's cute." He is still learning to be gentle, but is getting better all the time. When Joel was crying during his PKU test at his check up Levi kept saying, "Joel crying...it's ok Joel." The nurses thought it was very sweet (so did his Momma). I sure am blessed to have two wonderful and very special little boys!

Here's what we did this week (get ready for a crazy number of pictures...I just couldn't stop for some reason!):

Levi has been practicing for swimming this summer by floating on his back in the bath :)
 Uncle Seth came by on his way home from college to meet Joel
 Levi has been loving holding Joel, and he is getting good at it too!
 I got in some loves and snuggles too
 Amy and Deanna (my long time friends) came to meet Joel!
 Uncle Derrick, Aunt Tam, Kadin, Kynlee and Kamryn came for a fun visit and to meet Joel. Levi and Kam had a blast playing together, and Levi soaked up the special attention (they are almost exactly 1 year apart in age) and Kynlee loved holding baby Joel


We had more visitors to bring food and meet Joel too!  Melissa, Amy & Bernd...thanks guys

 snuggles with Daddy
He is the sweetest and soundest little sleeper 

 Joel got his first "real bath" and Levi helped :)

3 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Great pictures! Joel has already changed so much since I last saw him! He is a beautiful baby! Love y'all!

Dustin & Kate said...

This may sound crazy to you, but I just looked at this post again, and I am telling you, something about Joel reminds me of Asher. Obviously their coloring us totally different, but I'm telling you there is something there that looks alike!

Lauren Valentine said...

Sweet post Joyce. It looks like Joel is loved by many which is why you need to give him some extra kisses from us in Florida : ) Tell him we will get there as soon as we can to meet him & introduce him to his buddy Eloise. Love you!