Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Blessings Overflow!


Joel John Boyer
May 3, 2011 at 4:08pm
9 pounds 8 ounces, 19.5 inches

He has lots of dark hair like his big brother and looks like our family, but totally himself too. So far he is a very laid back little guy and is pretty easy to settle when he gets upset. He even gave me the treat of sleeping from 2-5am this morning! We love him very much and Levi is starting to show a little interest too. We are all doing well! I feel pretty great. SUCH an easier and smoother "birth experience" than Levi. I labored about 8 hours total. Got a good night rest before labor started. Got to the hospital and found out I was already 7 centimeters dilated. Labored un-medicated for less than 3 hours in the hospital and pushed about 10-15 minutes! (If you remember from Levi's delivery it was 30 hours of labor with 1.5 hours of pushing!)

We will post more pics and updates later. Please keep little Joel in your prayers. He has a heart murmur and had some testing done this afternoon including and echocardiogram. So far everything is normal and hopefully this is just a murmur that will be harmless and that he will grow out of. We know God is watching over us and him :) We just feel so blessed to have been given two very special little boys to call our sons!

6 comments:

Jenae said...

He is so precious! He is a big boy too. I can't believe he was so big being early. You are amazing going without the drugs... a better women than me.
I finished his carseat cover- I better get it in the mail =)

Dustin & Kate said...

We love you, sweet Joel, and we are praying for you! So glad God chose to bless our family with you. I can't wait to hold you!!!

Joel and Sara said...

Congrats!!!

Molly said...

I already adore him. xoxo

Collin and Marisa said...

Congrats!! What a cute little guy. I'm so happy to hear your labor and delivery went so well. Yay! God answers prayers! You look great and so do all your boys!

mitchellmemoirs said...

congratulations... he is so precious! your babies are impressive in size! ;)