I am doing well and am feeling pretty good in part because Joel usually gives me at least two 2 hours stretches of sleep (usually after the first and last feeding of the night), but mostly because my Mom is taking amazing care of me and doing 100% of the Levi duties while Philip is at work! She has also been keeping me full of water and yummy meals :). I really don't know what I would do with out her! Thanks Momma/Moe!
I ended up staying with my Parents from Friday - Monday because Philip and his Dad were finishing an unfinished project in our house...installing wood floors. Joel's 10 day early arrival threw us for a bit of a loop. We spent our first night at home as just our little family of 4 and then my Mom came and pick me and the boys up to stay for a while in Plano. I will post a pic of our beautiful new living/dining/entry/hall when the final touches (baseboards etc) are done. They did a wonderful job and I know it was hard work!
I know it was hard on Philip to be away from us, and I appreciate him working long hours to get it done so that I could recover in a normal house and not have chaos/tools all around me when my Mom left :)
Here is what's new with out little guy:
-has regained all his weight and then some (weighs around 9# 12 oz now based on our home scale)
-can hold his head up pretty well
-can stay awake for up to an hour at a time (unfortunately often in the middle of the night!)
-likes to sleep swaddled on his side
-nurses about every 2 hours (sometimes stretching to 3) for 15-20 minutes per side (much faster than Levi at this age)
-has started to make a few little coo noises
We love Joel so very much and just think he is such a cute baby...so far he has been documented just as well as Levi and we have over 200 pics from his birth and first week! Here are a few of my favorites from week number one!
heading home!
sweet sleepy grins
loves from Moe and Big Brother Levi
2 of my favorite guys
4 comments:
congratulations,again. Your family is beautiful and thank God for helpful moms!
Oh this makes me happy! I want to hold him!!! Can't wait to see that little guy!
I can't believe Philip got your floors done already! What a super husband! I can't wait to see them... and you... and all of your boys. Love you guys!
He is PRECIOUS!!
Post a Comment