Although summer has not officially started, in Texas it always seems like summer starts at the end of May if you ask me! The weather is hot so of course we love anything that involves water. Levi LOVES the water in any form! Joel isn't quite old enough to really enjoy the water activities yet, but I'm sure next summer will be so fun with my two little boys! On Saturday Philip took Levi to spend the day with his dad and they had a blast swimming in the pool there. Levi is completely fearless and could stay joyfully in the water for hours if we let him. Here is a short video of him jumping off the rock wall to Papa. You may notice that he jumps in on the count of 2 (instead of 3) and goes all the way to the bottom surfacing with a completely excited face!
We however do not have a pool...so the next best thing?? The garden hose! Daddy made the water do all sorts of fun things while Levi squealed with delight and ran threw the water. Joel and I had a blast watching the fun! The neighbors seemed to get a kick out of him too :)
After seeing how much fun Levi is having in the pool again this year, we went out and got him his own pool for our back yard. This big pool cost the same as the little hard plastic ones, so we are giving it a try in hopes that it won't pop. Levi has been loving it! He uses his slide to get in and splashes around, floats on his kick board and throws every single one of his outdoor toys in to swim with him too! I see many an afternoon with Joel and I on the deck in the shade watching Levi "swim"
Another exciting part of summer in our yard is the arrival of many little animals. We have been enjoying frogs, a possum, birds and lizards. Here is Levi looking at a lizard his Daddy caught for him that had a short stay in his little creature keeper that his Moe bought for him. It was very exciting!
I have wonderful memories from summer time in the hot Texas heat, and I can't wait to make more with my boys! I'm sure there will be many visits to the splash park, friends houses and the grandparents houses to swim and water activities at home too!
3 comments:
Oh I am homesick for the heat! This weekend we went to the beach with sweatshirts on:)
Levi is a doll!! Love all the rosey cheek pics!!
Love the video and Levi's new pool. He is fearless!
Post a Comment