We were hoping my Mom would be able to go home this morning. All she needed was to "pass" her echo-cardiogram and she was cleared for take off. Unfortunately during the test they saw that part of her heart muscle was not moving and in that injured area there was a blood clot. Her ejection fraction was also low at 40% (however it was expected to be low and this number alone would not have kept her in the hospital). So, the doctor is placing her on a stronger anticoagulant, Coumadin, as well as some blood thinners she will be injecting into her skin. She will have to stay in the hospital for now.
Please keep my Mom, Dad, our family and all my mom's many friends in your prayers. Pray for her to have complete healing, increased blood flow out of her heart, for the clot to disappear and for her over all mental, physical and spiritual health. She has been so strong, optimistic and faithful throughout this ordeal, I'm sure she is becoming exhausted. Thank you so much for the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have all been receiving. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry :( Coumadin and Lovinox (sp?) is not fun :( Are they keeping her until her INR levels are up? I'll keep praying!
Im so sorry. We will continue to pray. You mom is an amazing woman, and from what I hear is handling everything beautifully and is such an inspiration. We love you guys!
Post a Comment