Saturday, November 17, 2012

Preschool Thanksgiving Feast

Thursday Levi had his Thanksgiving feast at school. All the parents and siblings were invited. I signed up to bring dessert and after seeing a picture of a turkey cupcake in my new cup cake cook book (thanks mom!) I decided that's what I would be making. The book made it sound and look so easy, but I spent about 2 hours just assembling 10 birds! That doesn't include all the prep time of making frosting, cupcakes and gathers supplies! But, it sure was fun to see them come together and the other parents and kids seemed to enjoy them. The little boys especially enjoyed biting off body parts :) Every time Joel saw them he would say goba goba goba in the cutest little voice.

It was nice to meet some of the other parents and watch Levi interact with his school friends. They all seem to get along well and enjoy each others company. We had quite the spread and Levi and Joel both ate like champs. Unfortunately, Philip was in Canada, so he couldn't come to the special meal. He and Levi were actually both really disappointed he couldn't be there. It melts my heart how much they love each other!
 
Levi was so excited and gave Joel a Big hug :)
close up bird
a rafter of turkeys
brothers chowing down!
me and my sweet boy

hahaha! I'm eating a turkey head!
got his eye and the tip of his beak...yum!

2 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

So fun! Your cupcakes came out great! I love that last picture of Levi - such a cute little hambone you have :)

Collin and Marisa said...

What a fun day! I love the cute cupcakes!