Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Zoo-refic

Yesterday we met my longtime close friend, Sara and her adorable (I mean so amazingly precious) daughter Jaeda at the zoo. It was a beautiful fall day with temperatures in the 60s and lots of sunshine! Since it was the first Monday after a holiday there was hardly anyone there, so we were able to see all the animals in a little over 2 hours. The kids weren't the only ones loving being outside in the pretty weather, the animals seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. We saw bears wrestling and running around, the male lion was roaring, the penguins were walking around in the sun and the birds were happy to eat and stand on our sticks. All the animals were out and moving in their enclosures and seemed to be enjoying the cool but sunny weather as well. It was a great day! I forgot my nice camera (after Levi threw a fit about cleaning up his toys before we left...fun) so all I got was phone pics. Luckily, I've got my fancy new phone, so they aren't too bad!






the lion was loud :)

Levi and Joel tried to grab the birds...
Jaeda was a little leary :)
Thanks so much Sara for making the drive out to our part of the metroplex! We had a wonderful day and I always enjoy spending time with you and sweet Jaeda. The boys love seeing her too! I'm so lucky to have such wonderful childhood friends and am so glad that Sara is back in the area so we can see each other several times a year instead of once or twice :) It's much better than talking on the phone!

No comments: